Provided by Husqvarna
To optimize the life and reliability of your leaf blower, it’s important to service it regularly. Here are a few points that will help you bring order to your machine maintenance.
Below are Daily Routines, Weekly Routines and Monthly Routines:
- Clean the exterior surfaces of the blower.
- Check that the throttle lock and the throttle trigger function in a safe manner.
- Check that the stop switch works properly.
- Clean the filter. Replace it, if required.
- 125B X-SERIES/225B X-SERIES: Check that the inspection cover can be locked in the closed position. Carefully check that the fan impeller is clean, especially if the blower has been used for collecting debris (vacuuming).
- Check that all nuts and screws are properly tightened.
- Check that all the housings are free of cracks.
- Check that the collection bag is intact and that the zipper works.
- Check the condition of the starter device, the starter cord and the tensioning spring.
- Check that none of the anti-vibration mountings are damaged.
- Check the condition of the air intake at the starter device. Remove debris if it is clogged.
- Clean the outside of the spark plug. Unscrew it and check the electrode gap. Re-adjust the gap to 0.5 mm (0.020″), if necessary, or replace the spark plug.
- Clean the fan blades on the flywheel.
- Clean or replace the muffler’s spark arrest screen (not on mufflers with a catalytic converter).
- Clean the carburetor space.
- Clean the air filter.
- Flush the fuel tank with clean gasoline, which afterward should be disposed of in an environmentally correct manner.
- Clean the outside of the carburetor and the space around it.
- Clean the fan blades on the flywheel and the space around it.
- Check the fuel filter and the fuel line. Replace them, if necessary.
- Check all the cables and the connections.
- Change the spark plug.
- Check and clean the muffler’s spark arrest screen if necessary (only on mufflers with a catalytic converter).
ProGreen Plus sources parts for ALL BRANDS of blowers and power equipment including Husqvarna, Stihl, Weedeater, Poulan, Homelite, Craftsman, Troy-Bilt, Echo, Shindaiwa, and all others. Knoxville’s BEST small engine shop for service, parts, and repair!